Thursday, October 21, 2010

Three Great Health Habits to Live by

Growing old gracefully doesn't mean resigning ourselves to the inevitable negative health effects that come with aging. Even if I have yet to see the telltale signs of the years manifest themselves on my face and health, as early as now, I've resolved to practice living healthy. Of the many helpful practices we must follow, these three measures top my list:
  • Stay on top of stress.
    Stress control begins with the mind. Many illnesses result from stress overload. Apart from practicing relaxation techniques and other recognized stress-relieving measures, I see to it that I've got my mind properly programmed to take on stress. How? By predisposing myself to stay calm all the time and never let the small stuff get to me.
  • Never scrimp on sleep. I know sleeping a full eight hours every day is a real challenge given today's busy lifestyle. But I do try. If ever I lack sleep, I make up for it by sleeping more the next day or taking power naps.
  • Pile on the fruits and veggies. Fruits and veggies are our top sources of antioxidants. Besides taking daily vitamins, I make sure that I eat more fresh fruits and veggies than meat. 

Written By: Maris Modesto

No comments:

Post a Comment