Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Why am I optimistic?

health care blog - Why am I optimistic?
There would always be two ways of looking at everything: Either we see the glass as half-empty or half-full. Regardless of which one we are inclined to choose, our decision does nothing to change the reality set before us. However, it could impact us deeply on a personal level, laying the ground for the direction our lives take.

From a medical standpoint, researches have advocated the truth on how our way of thinking affects our overall health. Though we may not be aware of it, making the deliberate, albeit unconscious, choice to see the glass as half-empty(pessimistic) or half-full(optimistic) does affect our body's immunity system, especially our ability to take on stress. Taking these into serious consideration, the reasons I've listed below explain why I've intentionally programmed my mind to always look on the bright side:
  • I want to be happy.
    Life would always be a matter of ups and downs. Rolling with the punches and seeing the good in things no matter how dismal is the best way I know how to keep myself sane and happy.
  • I am no masochist.
    Being pessimistic only intensifies life's blows needlessly. Why punish myself further? 

Written By: Maris Modesto

No comments:

Post a Comment