Our eyes are often the most strained of our senses because we use them day in and day out with only sleep as their rest. The eyes are also among the most commonly ignored body organs.
How do you take care of your eyes? Vitamin A supplements and giving your eyes quick breaks in between the day can help. But did you know that eating certain foods can actually help you show your eyes some love too?
- Rasperries, which are rich in vitamin C, can help lower your risks of developing cataracts.
- Lutein-rich broccoli and omega-3 rich salmon are great foods to help you prevent age-related macular degeneration.
- Eggs, which are high in vitamin A, promoted proper retina function.
- Spinach, which contains zeaxanthin, protects your eyes from light damage and natural oxidation.
- Almonds, a great source of vitamin E, delay the progression of age-related eye problems.
- Yogurt, with it's high Zinc content, can help the body absorb powerful eye antioxidants like vitamin A into the system.
Written By: Abbey Grace Yap