Monday, April 26, 2010

Healthy Breakfast Choices For An Energy Boost

As a person who sleeps late, I find myself almost always feeling tired and fatigued every morning. This feeling usually extends until after lunch where work starts picking up.

My roommate tells me it's because I don't eat breakfast, not the right kind anyway. She tells me that there are lots of breakfast foods that will help me feel energized early in the morning.

Take eggs, for example, she says. It's filled with protein, which stimulates the production of a brain chemical that makes us alert and increases the heart rate. It also takes a while for protein to be fully digested, so you're sure to have a steady supply of energy for a few hours.

Multi-grain cereals are also a great energy starter. They are high in iron, a mineral that helps distribute oxygen to your muscles. The more oxygenated the muscles, the more energetic you are.

Lastly, a glass of OJ should be part of your breakfast if you want to be up and energized early. Thanks to carnitine found in citrus fruits, fat gets distributed to cells to be used as energy. Vitamin C also reduces the effects of stress, making you less prone to fatigue.

Written By: Abbey Grace Yap

No comments:

Post a Comment