Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sing to Health

So I've been backtracking American Idol season nine episodes lately and found this one auditionee who had asthma. And I got thinking, how could someone who has respiratory problem get into singing?

Apparently, singing does us a world of good, both physically and mentally.

Singing can act as a great stress reliever. It can help take our mind off of whatever it is that's troubling us. Also, it can also serve as a creative channel to express our emotions.

As for the physical benefits of singing. It can act as an aerobic exercise that works out our lungs, our abdominal muscles, and pumps up your blood circulation. A pretty great lung workout for someone with asthma, don't you think?

The constant breathing that comes with singing makes your lungs and abs contract more and it also gets more oxygen into your blood and into your system. The more oxygen you have in your blood, the better equipped your body becomes to protecting itself from diseases.

Now that I've learned about this, I don't think I'm going to pass up on the opportunity to sing whenever I can. And that would be in the shower while I get ready for work.
Written By: Abbey Grace Yap

No comments:

Post a Comment