Monday, April 19, 2010

Reasons to Eat Breakfast

My mom always said that I should start my day with breakfast. When I was a kid, I'd go along and eat what she had prepared. But as I grew older, I felt like it wasn't a big deal and thought that breakfast was a waste of time.

But when I saw a doctor to consult about how to prevent myself from unhealthy habits, I brought up the topic of breakfast. He told me that eating breakfast can help keep me healthy. Here are some of the reasons my doctor stated:
  1. Breakfast helps keep your weight in check. It curbs your cravings, prevents overeating, and help you build better eating habits.
  2. Breakfast gives you startup energy boost for the day. The food you eat from breakfast will provide you with enough energy to do your thing until lunchtime.
  3. Breakfast improves one's intellectual performance. Like batteries to a dying flashlight, the nutrients you get from a hearty and healthy breakfasts boost your brain, thus, improving cognitive functions.
So the next time you feel like skipping breakfast, ask yourself if you're willing to miss out on all the benefits the first meal of the day has to offer.

Written By: Abbey Grace Yap

No comments:

Post a Comment