Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Natural Diarrhea Recovery Boosters

I hate it when I have diarrhea. I hate taking frequent trips to the toilet and the fact that I need about a day or two to fully recover from it. It's an experience I don't care to have, but somehow can't seem to avoid.

You can say this is what led me to my search for remedies that will help speed up my recovery from diarrhea. I found out that these foods can help us get better from diarrhea in lesser time:
  • The BRAT diet - Banana, rice, applesauce, and toast have been known to work miracles for diarrhea when eaten together. This is most likely because of the fiber these foods contain.
  • Ginger - Ginger is known for it's soothing properties. It works just as perfectly to relax irritated bowels that are the primary culprit for diarrhea.
  • Oatmeal - Known to be an excellent source of fiber, oatmeal is also high in antioxidants and nutrients that will protect you from the damages diarrhea deals to your body.
  • Water - Drinking lots of water will protect you from getting dehydrated from defecating too much. It also helps flush out what's irritating your bowels faster.
Written By: Abbey Grace Yap

No comments:

Post a Comment